Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Souljah's Prayer

Heavenly Father please hear me tonight
I need so much guidance to live my life right
Sometimes the pressures to hard to bare
I often wonder if anyone cares

How can I wake up to face a new day
Knowing I lived my life in this way
Lord forgive me, for all my sins
I'd love to change, where do I begin

Father, give me strength to resist desires
Help me escape the nightly gunfire
Lord bless my mother, who cries every night
Afraid I'll be killed in another street fight

God bless my family, who silently pleads
For me to get out, as they all watch me leave
Heavenly Father, please answer my prayers
Let me know you hear me up there

When will it end?
What is it for?
To prove to my niggas, I'm down
I'm hardcore

Sometimes I wonder
Just how I will die
I stray bullets
Or knife in my side

Heavenly Father, please hear me tonight
Give me the strength to handle my strife's
Lord give me the courage to live my life right
AMEN

"The Street Poet"
aka
James H.

No comments:

Post a Comment